Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys, new to this whole Linux forum. i started my linux projects with OpenSuse 10.3 and love it.. my uncle recently gave me a hand me down laptop (pentium ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation [SOLVED] KDE 3.5 Installation issues

hey guys, new to this whole Linux forum.

i started my linux projects with OpenSuse 10.3 and love it..

my uncle recently gave me a hand me down laptop (pentium 3, 450mhz, 192Ram) i already knew that my open suse disk was just not going to work. so i decided to try this new thing called "GoboLinux" which uses KDE 3.5 as its base i guess

well i tried installing it and every time i try and add users so i can log in it sais "invalid username" or when i set up the root it sais "root logins not allowed"

so honestly ladies and gents of the linux forum. i want to be able to use kde on my laptop but it stinks if i can get it to work but cant log in because there are no users..

anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your time!
    Dom

Hi and Welcome !

Boot up in Single User or Recovery Mode and check the contents of /home. Does it list any user?
    Execute adduser or useradd command to create new user.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Hi and Welcome !

Boot up in Single User or Recovery Mode and check the contents of /home. Does it list any user?
    Execute adduser or useradd command to create new user.
    thanks casper!

i will check that but the problem is it wont install if i dont re partition the disk.. and you know that whole things a mess but i will try it and get back to you!

Just Joined!

Talking

casper! thanks man i got it all figured out.. for some reason i just added another user before i re-partitioned.. and what do you know! KDE 3.5 is mine for the taking

thanks all

Glad to help you LinuxMan32 ! Do start a new thread if you have any other question.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First