Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just recently installed Mandrake 9.1. Everything works..just one small problem. When I try to install specific packages from rpmDrake, I can't because my CDROM drive doesn't mount properly. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NooB Question: rpmDrake in Mandrake

I just recently installed Mandrake 9.1. Everything works..just one small problem. When I try to install specific packages from rpmDrake, I can't because my CDROM drive doesn't mount properly. I guess my question is how to get around this to install some packages that I need. I have 2 CD drives, the second works fine. The problem is that rpmDrake always asks me to enter the installation CD in the first drive, which won't even mount correctly. Are there any third party RPM managers out there that work with Mandrake 9? I'm missing a very importatn package: binutils. I have no idea why Mandrake didn't install these during the initial installation...(a little annoyed ) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Linux Guru
    If you know how to use the shell, just install them from there. The command for installing an RPM is "rpm -ihv <filename>".