Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody have a binary for the old gcc compiler version 2.9X for Fedora 2 OR tell me how I can create a binary from source. I am trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gcc 2.9X

Does anybody have a binary for the old gcc compiler version 2.9X for Fedora 2 OR tell me how I can create a binary from source.

I am trying to compile a software package that was built a while back and used gcc 2.95.3. The gcc compliler that comes with Fedora 2 gives errors.

I tried to get the source for 2.95.3 and make/configure it but that fails because the gcc compiler I have on my Fedora 2 is not able to complile the gcc 2.95.3 source.

Thanks very much,
    Upendra

Sorry, i dont know of any, but what package are you trying to compile? it might not run on FC 2 at all if its uber old, you might want to create a dual boot with an older distro build.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the response. I am trying to compile a tool called network simulator (NS2). The particular version of the tool I am trying to compile is old but it has some specific features that I need. I guess I have to fix each of the errors found by the new gcc compiler.