Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi what to do next I use unetbooting to install fedora core from my hard disk beside Windows , unetbooting asked me to select the iso image file so what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what the iso image file?

hi
    what to do next
    I use unetbooting to install fedora core from my hard disk beside Windows ,
    unetbooting asked me to select the iso image file so what the iso image file required for installation?,

thanks in advance

oz
    forum.guy
    I've not used unetbootin, but it sounds like it's looking for the fedora ISO file so that it can install it for you.

You can find some mirrors with the ISO file here:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/9/
    oz

using unetbootin you will need to download the fedora iso image(for example the fedora dvd iso image, check the link given above by ozar) then you put it in a given partition. for example if you are using Windows to install you can put the iso image under D:\ ( note that the partition under which you put the iso image should be of type Fat32). when unetbootin launches it will ask you wheres is the file, at that moment you need to give to unetbootin two pieces of information
    1) the partition where the file is(remember that while windows calls it D:\ Linux will call it /dev/sdb or something of the like)
    2) the full path of the folder where the iso image is(for simplicity you can put the iso image right under D:\ this way you dont have to give a folder)

if you give these pieces of info unetbootin should be up and installing.

good luck
    Linux and me it's a love story

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I've not used unetbootin, but it sounds like it's looking for the fedora ISO file so that it can install it for you.

You can find some mirrors with the ISO file here:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/9/
    thank you all for replies
    I have downloaded from Fedora Project fedora 8 which contains isolinux as bin file , should I need to download
    mirrors in addition?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by vanpersie View Post
    I have downloaded from Fedora Project fedora 8 which contains isolinux as bin file , should I need to download
    mirrors in addition?
    Fedora 9 is the latest release, so you might want that instead of version 8.

Check this site for the single DVD or the 6 CDs:

ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/fe...dora/i386/iso/

I think you need the ISO file rather than a BIN file to complete the unetbootin installation process. Maybe someone that knows for sure can advise if it will work with a bin file.

Hope it goes well for you.
    oz

This is the one you need on the downloads if you still want to use unetbootin Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat. Just put that into the program and it will grab the correct .iso for you. Or just go to that address for the actual downloads from the mirrors.
    Last edited by jayd512; 06-25-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Weird typo
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.