Find the answer to your Linux question:
After creating a linux partition of 2 GB, I started knoppix-installer.It said something like "Your configuration is not suitable for hard disk install.You need atleast 2GB or more.If you want ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Major problem in HD installation of knoppix !

After creating a linux partition of 2 GB, I started knoppix-installer.It said something like "Your configuration is not suitable for hard disk install.You need atleast 2GB or more.If you want to ignore this and still install do IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer at your own risk" or something like that.In the next window it asked to repartition or quit.But when I started with that "IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer" command it didn't detect and asked which type of install you want with some options and I selected the preferred one hd-install and next window appeared (i think xwindow configuration) and when I clicked next it didn't proceed with instllation but went to the origianal shell from which I entered "knoppix-installer" command.

So why is this happening.Actually mine is a 4 GB harddisk, with 2 partitions of 2 GB each.I have windows installed in one of the partitions and I wanted to install linux in the other one.But when I wrote linux partition table in this drive using "qtparted" originally it was 2 GB but after writing partition to disk its size reduced to something like 1.85 GB. So maybe is this the cause its not proceeding with installation? I have some free space in windows drive.Maybe is it possible to add that free space to this linux drive and make it like 2.5 GB ? I am really struggling.Please help me.Thanks.

Just Joined!
    **IGNORE THE ABOVE POST AND PLEASE READ THIS SINCE THIS IS MORE DETAILED EDITED ONE.THANKS***

After creating a linux partition of 2 GB, I started knoppix-installer.It said something like "Your configuration is not suitable for hard disk install.You need atleast 2GB or more.Also we need a swap partition with atleast 128 MB, if you don't have 512 MB memory or more.If you want to ignore this and still install do IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer at your own risk" or something like that.In the next window it asked to repartition or quit.But when I started with that "IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer" command it didn't detect and asked which type of install you want with some options and I selected the preferred one hd-install and next window appeared (i think xdialog configuration) and it showed how to use xdialog with many options and at the bottom the following was written,
    (1) This Xdialog binary compiled with lpr -P <Printer> /tmp/xdialog.tmp to the print command. If <Printer> is "" (an empty string), the -P is not used.
    Then when I clicked next it returned to the original shell from where I entered knoppix-installer command and the above same thing was written in that too.
    And initially When I did partitioning using qtparted the following was displayed in the shell.I forgot to mention this at first because this is the first step I did even before installation.
    No implementation: This ext2 filesystem has an rather strange layout! Parted can't resize this (yet).

So why is this happening.Actually mine is a 4 GB harddisk, with 2 partitions of 2 GB each.I have windows installed in one of the partitions and I wanted to install linux in the other one.But when I wrote linux partition table in this drive using "qtparted" originally it was 2 GB but after writing partition to disk its size reduced to something like 1.85 GB. So maybe is this the cause its not proceeding with installation? I have some free space in windows drive.Maybe is it possible to add that free space to this linux drive and make it like 2.5 GB ? I am really struggling.Please help me.Thanks.

Just Joined!
    hey mate i dont have an answer 4 you except maybe u should invest in a bigger drive, i was just wondering how did u even get the IGNORE_CHECK =| sudo knoppix installer to work, i type the command in then it doesnt recognise it just says 'requirements are not fullfilled" again. sooo bad tried every combination doesnt work any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close