Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to install Linux on a 300mhz Pentium II which has 2 hard drives. I am using Red Hat 7.3 installation cd's. When the screen to partition the drive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install Linux on second Windows Hard Drive

I want to install Linux on a 300mhz Pentium II which has 2 hard drives. I am using Red Hat 7.3 installation cd's. When the screen to partition the drive shows only hda and the option to use that drive. I think that drive is the WINDOWS "C" drive and I do not want to change it. I want to select the "D" drive which I have formatted and created 1 folder on it so I might Identify the drive in linux. Does anyone know how I can specify drive hdb? Thanks

Welcome to the forums royace

I suggest you unplug your Windows hard drive and then do the install. Then set the BIOS to boot from the drive with Linux installed first and setup dual boot.

I would suggest you to install latest version of any lightweight distro. RH 7.3 is very old and is not supported by RedHat. You will face a lot of Hardware/Software problems in RH 7.3.

In any case, follow Jonathan183's suggestion. Unplug Windows Harddisk, plug-in other as Primary and install Linux in it. It very easy to setup dual boot after Linux installation.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close