Find the answer to your Linux question:
I inserted the cd and press enter and the computer loaded. many text pass through the screen. after a few seconds, the computer stop loading with a " _ " ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mendrake 10 installation problen\m--I need you.

I inserted the cd and press enter and the computer loaded. many text pass through the screen.
    after a few seconds, the computer stop loading with a " _ "
    what was happening?

a confused Linux first-time-installing-newbie.

Re: Mendrake 10 installation problen\m--I need you.

Quote Originally Posted by RunToFreeForFly
    I inserted the cd and press enter and the computer loaded. many text pass through the screen.
    after a few seconds, the computer stop loading with a " _ "
    what was happening?

a confused Linux first-time-installing-newbie.
    Is this Mandrake 10.0 Community Edition or Official? Community had a bug in the first CD that hung some installations (mine included) and forced you to boot from the second CD. Also, do you have any USB devices plugged into the computer? If so, unplug them. Sometimes that can cause an installer to freeze.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    thank you. ok now. Its the usb mouse problem but how can I get it work in mendrake linux?

Quote Originally Posted by RunToFreeForFly
    thank you. ok now. Its the usb mouse problem but how can I get it work in mendrake linux?
    What kind of mouse is it? In theory you should be able to plug it in and Mandrake will detect and configure it at boot. Unless of course you still can't boot with it plugged in. If that's the case, you might consider finding an old PS/2 plug mouse and plugging that in so that you can get into the HardDrake configuration program after you start up. There's also the option of buying a small USB-to-PS/2 adapter. A lot of USB mice come with them these days.

Long story short, I'd try booting with it plugged in first, but if that hangs your system and the other options aren't possible, let me know and we can try some console magic.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants