Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I finally got Puppy to boot on its own without a CD! YAY! Installed GRUB and did a full install of Puppy to a 4.6gb partition on the hard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual boot, puppy and openSUSE.......

Ok I finally got Puppy to boot on its own without a CD! YAY!
    Installed GRUB and did a full install of Puppy to a 4.6gb partition on the hard drive.
    I would like to install openSUSE to the other 4.6 gb partition on the same drive.
    I made 2 equal partitions.
    Do I just download the thing and install it and it will add itself to grub?
    What do I need to know and what do I have to watch out for?
    BTW I am a total newB but I am (was) a windows net admin so I'm not totally inept (or I am, whichever way you want to look at it!) just some gentle directions please!

You should find when you install openSUSE it detects Puppy and adds an entry to its own grub menu.
    You are likely to need a swap partition for openSUSE unless your system has more than 1GB RAM. I've installed openSUSE a few times (from CD or DVD) but have only ever run Puppy from CD ...

Linux Guru
    Download Opensuse iso, make sure to burn as iso image and at a low speed. When you install, you will have an option to install grub from Opensuse to mbr or to the /boot directory of the Opensuse partition. If you choose the first option, Opensuse is pretty good about detecting other OS's and placing entries for them (Puppy in your case) in its menu.lst file so you should be able to boot both. If you choose the second option, you will then need to mount Opensuse through Puppy and navigate to the /boot/grub directory of Opensuse to find the entry from menu.lst there and copy it to the Puppy /boot/grub/menu.lst file (needs to be done as root)

You could also chainload or use the configfile method. If this is not clear, please post any questions.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close