Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
You'll have to add the port that maintains IceWM and its themes which are the "han" port so you'd need to add that. Simply download han.httpup, place it in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You'll have to add the port that maintains IceWM and its themes which are the "han" port so you'd need to add that. Simply download han.httpup, place it in the /etc/ports directory with the others, do:
    So I need to spend a while just exploring the info on ports on the CRUX website to know what's where, kinda like a Fedora repo from livna? Or is there a database that I haven't found yet? Wow... now I know why you told me that my first go would be a hoot!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    So I need to spend a while just exploring the info on ports on the CRUX website to know what's where, kinda like a Fedora repo from livna? Or is there a database that I haven't found yet? Wow... now I know why you told me that my first go would be a hoot!
    It's a lot like Fedora and the different yum sources in that way, but the repo maintainers have pretty much complete control over what they have and how many they want to offer. han and romster have always had IceWM, but some of the others do not. take a look at what is offered for icewm in each. If you add the ports I have listed above, that'll pretty much cover most everything you might want except gnome, kde and XFCE which you can also add. put their respective httpup or rsync configuration file in /etc/ports, list them as I have above in prt-get.conf, then do:
    Code:
    ports -u
    ...and watch your /usr/ports get populated and updated!
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 09-04-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Bump...

Just in case anybody was curious, I'm still tinkering with this! I've managed to botch a few things, had to re-install a couple of times. In fact, it's getting to the point where I can edit /etc/fstab and compile the kernel in about 15 to 20 minutes... no joke! I've managed to get a somewhat functional GUI, but am having problems determining which mouse driver to use (minor issue... having fun with it, though!) I managed to lose my IP address somewhere along the way, but I'll just re-do what I did in my previous post, so no worries there.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update as to what's going on with it!
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to give an update as to what's going on with it!
    Sounds like you're having a world of fun Jay, I'm jealous! Oh well... I guess I'll have to wait on CRUX 2.5. On the IP, just edit /etc/rc.d/net and change it to what you want. I tell people how simple and easy it is to compile kernel in CRUX but they never believe me. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I tell people how simple and easy it is to compile kernel in CRUX but they never believe me. lol...
    Believe it or not... the CRUX kernel is the first thing I've ever even tried to compile. I've never even unzipped a tarball!!! But the compile is pretty much gravy. And in a little while, I'll take a whack at the IP problem again (I can't make it just anything... it's dynamic). But no worries. You're right, Dan... this is kinda fun!
    Jay

New Member FAQ

oz
    forum.guy
    Reading the discussion between you guys makes me want to install Crux again. It has always felt faster on my boxes than any distro I've ever run.

I just wish it weren't so time intensive (as is the case with Gentoo). The time factor is probably why Arch suits my tastes so well.

Hope you continue to have loads of fun with it, jayd512!
    oz

<chuckle>... If you like this part of the discussion, you should see how much help I been getting from Dan and Casper via PM! But, yeah, I'm having a ball with it!
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Cool This is just getting crazy!

Guys... this is just blowing my damn mind! I've managed to get back to having an IP, and even managed to open Blackbox to start FireFox! I was going to post from CRUX... but found out my mouse drivers either weren't detected properly, or just aren't working there yet! But (and please just indulge a little giddiness for a moment)... but I made me some PROGRESS!!!
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Jay, can you post your xorg here? What mouse are you using?

Hi, Dan!

I didn't see this until I got to work so the xorg will have to wait a few hours. But I'm using a basic Logitech mouse with a wheel and two buttons.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast