Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone tell me if it's possible to install a Distro. with KDE on 2 gigs of HD space or am I going to have to reformatt and make a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Small Distro

Can someone tell me if it's possible to install a Distro. with KDE on 2 gigs of HD space or am I going to have to reformatt and make a larger Partition to share with Dreaded windose. Thanks in advance!

J@y

Re: Small Distro

Quote Originally Posted by j@son636
    Can someone tell me if it's possible to install a Distro. with KDE on 2 gigs of HD space or am I going to have to reformatt and make a larger Partition to share with Dreaded windose. Thanks in advance!

J@y
    You'll more than likely have to sacrifice other programs, but in theory you can get Linux with KDE onto a 2GB partition. It's going to take an awful lot of tweaking in the installer to make sure it only installs packages you absolutely need. For this task I believe Slackware or maybe Yoper would be your best bet. I'm not familiar with Yoper, but it seems to be popular among the "small but fast" crowd.

Of course, making a larger partition may very well be much easier than tailoring your install, depending on what distribution you choose.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much. Being a newbie I'm thinking tweaking installs is a bit outside my leauge for the moment. So of to reformatt! Thanks again

J@y

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close