Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I have been trying installing RedHat Linux AS 4 on HP Prliant ML 350 G5. Have made a RAID 5 array of 274 GB of SAS drives. But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing RHEL AS 4 on HP Proliant ML350 G5 Server

Hello all,
    I have been trying installing RedHat Linux AS 4 on HP Prliant ML 350 G5. Have made a RAID 5 array of 274 GB of SAS drives. But during the installation, anaconda fails saying "No Valid Devices found". Now how to make it recognize the array.
    I tried searching over the net and somewhere I found that probably Update 2 is required for it to handle HP Smart Controller.
    Can anyone provide me any link to Update 2, if required and also the procedure to how to deploy it during the fresh installation of RHEL 4 on the server.
    Thanks to all
    Amit

Linux Newbie
    I suggest to try RHEL 5, since everywhere i read ,they say that it is the best version of Red Hat till now. But i don't know how you can get it, it is commercial. There is also CentOS which is exactly the same as RHEL, without the brand name of Red Hat. It is a recompile of Red Hat so it is 100% the same and you can find it here: www.centos.org - The Community ENTerprise Operating System
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?