Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
There are probably several ways to install the nVidia drivers under Mandriva, but it would be best to let someone that actually runs Mandriva answer that for you. Sometimes, installing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

There are probably several ways to install the nVidia drivers under Mandriva, but it would be best to let someone that actually runs Mandriva answer that for you. Sometimes, installing the drivers directly from the nVidia website works best, but not always.

Most sound devices use ALSA and those drivers are included within the kernel. Check your sound settings to make sure they are correct.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Alright I have no idea what I did but somehow graphics are good to go, new more urgent problem is that the grub bootloader thing doesnt have windows, so I cant boot windows.

oz
    forum.guy
    You can manually edit the bootloader configuration files to include Windows, but Mandriva used to have a GUI tool that you could use for that purpose. Look for it in the Control Center.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Here you go... check this thread for adding it manually:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/man...dows-grub.html

Of course, you'd need to change any devices and their locations to match your own setup.
    oz

Just Joined!
    hmm control center? There is configure your and KDE Control Center is that it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2