Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello everyone..i've just installing the wine program and it just end tou with sorta problem it says that wine: error while loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot load shared object file: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wine problem

hello everyone..i've just installing the wine program and it just end tou with sorta problem it says that

wine: error while loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

why huh???i don't know anything to do with this???can anyone help me to figure it out to solve that god damn lib anything dll....i'm taking about half an hour to install that damn wine and it end like this...pleasezzz some help me??....

Linux Guru
    How did you install wine? Was it a RPM or did you compile it from source. See if you have /usr/lib/libntdll* or /usr/local/lib/libntdll*. On my system it was libntdll.dll.so, which might explain why it wasn't found.

Just Joined!
    yeah i compiling wine from source file it is wine*.src.rpm the /usr/local/lib/libntdll.so locate at that place so what is the problem???maybe config or sumthin' else?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Have I got you right? Do you have a file named /usr/local/lib/libntdll.so?
    I'm at work right now, so I can't answer your question, I just want to know if I understood you.
    Also, the problem is probably in the config, in that case. I'll check it up as soon as I get home.

Linux Guru
    If it is in /usr/local/lib, the possibility is that you distribution doesn't look for shared objects there. Check your /etc/ld.so.conf, and if /usr/local/lib isn't there, add it and run ldconfig.
    If it still doesn't work, try renaming the file to libntdll.dll.so