Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, ive asked this before, but after hardcore searching, i cant seem to find the question anymore (meaning i probably tacked it onto the end of one of my old ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installing nvidia Drivers.

Okay, ive asked this before, but after hardcore searching, i cant seem to find the question anymore (meaning i probably tacked it onto the end of one of my old threads and still cant find it :C:C:C)

Can someone quickly pass on the commands to change the runlevel of linux? I need to kill the xserver, or just the command to kill the xserv process or whatever it takes xD

Thanks heaps! that will allow me to just sh NVIDIA-crapinstallation.run thingie and ill be all good =]

Im trying to install everything i had on mandrake 10.0 onto basically fedora core 2 and seeing how it all works! Namely just want to play q3 on it, as i upgraded the p3 450 to being a amd 1800+ (1.53ghz).

Yeah some day ill come back here spend some time reading through my posts and be a ble to exactly define how i grew to being a linux geek.
    /skythra

Linux Newbie
    Switch user(su) and /sbin/init 3
    To start X again, /sbin/init 5(4 if you run Slackware)
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Newbie
    Thanks mate =D yeah, "runlevel 3" just wasnt working :C and i knew there was something

Yeah running fedora core two (as stated somewhere in the drivel above)

the rest i know how to do (posted on every site that deals with [linux]games ever =D)
    /skythra