Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have suse linux 10.3 and dual boot into vista. I tired to create a live usb(its 4gb) with suse linux 11. I formatted the usb stick to FAT32 and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem with unetbootin/live usb

I have suse linux 10.3 and dual boot into vista. I tired to create a live usb(its 4gb) with suse linux 11. I formatted the usb stick to FAT32 and told unetbootin to burn the live cd. iso to the usb. I try to boot it after it is done by pressing f12 and choosing usb, and it comes up with "no bootable partition in table". The live suse linux 11 cd works when I boot it to a cd, but I want to save stuff, and cant do that with a readonly cd. thanks

Unetbootin isn't really designed for burning an install CD. It's for installing straight from the web. Have you tried installing with the SuSE CD? If so, did it throw any errors?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Unetbootin isn't really designed for burning an install CD. It's for installing straight from the web. Have you tried installing with the SuSE CD? If so, did it throw any errors?
    lol my wording must have been off. I burned it to a cd without unetbootin and it worked fine. I tried to burn the live iso to a usb through unetbootin and when I try to boot the usb it says 'no bootable partition in table.'

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Gotcha! If you're wanting to make suse bootable, which I've never done, you'll probably want to download the files from the official site.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.