Find the answer to your Linux question:
Technical information: 2 Hard Drives 5 Partitions between them: Drive 1 Windows2000|Media Storage| Drive 2 Windows XP| Games/ Additional Storage| Soon-to-be-Mandrake| I want to install Mandrake and keep the option ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Mandrake 10 and Dual booting

Technical information:
    2 Hard Drives
    5 Partitions between them:
    Drive 1Windows2000|Media Storage|
    Drive 2Windows XP| Games/ Additional Storage| Soon-to-be-Mandrake|

I want to install Mandrake and keep the option of un-installing it open. Last time I installed a Linux distro (Fedora Core One) I was unhappy with it and tryed to uninstall. The uninstall made my computer unable to boot to my other two operating systems. I really dont want to deal with that again.

Is there anyone here that is an expert on Mandrake 10 installs with Microsoft OS's already on the computer? If so could you detail the install and any options I should pay close attention to? Thanx in advance

- One very confused Linux newbee

check out the tutorial section of this forum (solving boot problems with grub). Also be aware that if you are using grub as your boot loader, then it requires certain files (in the /boot/grub folder) to work. So if you remove those files (by removing the version of Linux that houses them) you will bump into problems.

have fun
    Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

on the mandrake 10 cds you can restore the Windows mbr, ugh, so if you have to uninstall it, you can.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close