Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 1 IDE Hard- drive and two Sata2 Hard-drive installed in my system. I can't install fedora in grub mode it get pass the media check and then check ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no grub during and after Install on Fedora 9

I have 1 IDE Hard- drive and two Sata2 Hard-drive installed in my system.

I can't install fedora in grub mode it get pass the media check and then check my video card and when it try's to start the installation it hangs and no x shows up.

So i tried to install it in text mode and it works and linux install now i can't get boot loader come up with grub error.

I reinstalled the linux and it loads the boot loader but it won't run the grub screen of the boot ting up process and just hangs out the login screen and doesn;t boot into GUI

Please help?

Are you sure the computer actually hangs there? Something might be wrong with the graphics drivers since you can see the text mode. When you think the computer has hung up, try pushing Ctrl + Alt + F1 and see if it changes to a text terminal. If so, you'll probably need to install new graphics drivers using the command line. I installed Vector Linux on an old HP I had sitting around gathering dust and I had the same problem, but I downloaded the new drivers, put them on a USB drive and installed them with the command line and since then I haven't had any problems with it.