Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it worth it to purchase the Linux/Vista machine while trying to learn linux. I would like to be able to take the Red Hat test by the end of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running Fedora on Microsoft Virtual PC

Is it worth it to purchase the Linux/Vista machine while trying to learn linux. I would like to be able to take the Red Hat test by the end of January '09. Right now I am using Virtual PC on my laptop.

Are you talking about setting up a dual-boot system? Or running Linux in a VM? Either way will work if you're just going through the learning curve.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!

Best way to learn Linux either VM or Linux Machine

The only reason I was considering purchasing a machine, i.e., either Linux only OS or Dual Linux/Vista is because someone told me that to pass the Red Hat Exam, you have to be very much at home with installing Linux as a Dual OS and troubleshooting it. Wal Mart has a gbox for $200 or I could get an inexpensive eMachine with the Minimum requirements for running Linux. What do you think?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Personally, I would give a nod to the dual-boot setup. That way, you'll be able to run any apps natively that you need to, and you'll be able to get your hands dirty with Linux.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.