Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running the latest version of Puppy Linux on a USB Thumb drive, and, as the title says, my laptop is the only computer that boots it. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux boots with only one Computer

I am running the latest version of Puppy Linux on a USB Thumb drive, and, as the title says, my laptop is the only computer that boots it.

I have tested two other computers, and I have set both of them to try booting from a USB storage device before going to the main hard drive, but for some reason they still end up booting windows.

I used Unetbootin to set up my thumb drive.

Is there something I'm missing?

oz
    forum.guy
    If the install to the USB drive is known to be good, it sounds like the other computers are unable to detect the presence of the USB drive when plugged in at system boot. If they are detecting the USB drive, they apparently are unable to read from the MBR, so they move on to the hard disk looking for an MBR.

Have you tried using another brand of USB drive to see if that helps?
    oz

Be sure and try using a different USB port if you have it. Mine has 4, 2 in front and 2 in rear.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Not all machines are able to boot from usb either, you'd be able to tell through the BIOS if it has an option to allow booting from usb