Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im installing the Beta Version of Fedora 10 onto a clean desktop computer from a DVD. I get all the way to final installation and during installation start up, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

IMMEDIATE: Fedora 10 Install Help

Im installing the Beta Version of Fedora 10 onto a clean desktop computer from a DVD. I get all the way to final installation and during installation start up, it continously asks for a network connection however i cannot get internet at the moment on this computer so im stuck. After i decline the internet connection several times it says it cannot read a certain file and gives me the options to reboot and eject the DVD. Does anyone know why this would occure? and when i tried to use the disk again, it just wont boot at all. I REALLY NEED HELP!!
    and it will all be greatly appreciated.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Are you using a beta release or the preview release? Remember that Fedora 10 is still in development, so any problems such as what you describe above should be reported to the developers as bugs so that they are fixed before the final stable release. If you are using a beta, try the preview because it seems to be a bit more stable than the beta releases.

Nevermind. I fixed it. I solved the problem by installing in a different format. ex2 compared to ex3. Thanks for the quick reply though.