Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello here is my low down on what is happening i bought some CD-R to download puppy linux onto to put onto my old laptop which has windows 98 on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Really need help with puppy linux/windows 98!!

Hello
    here is my low down on what is happening i bought some CD-R to download puppy linux onto to put onto my old laptop which has windows 98 on it. i download the file and burn it onto the disk and go into the bios and change it to read the cd rom drive first then it restarts and it tell me windows tried to start up but couldn't so go into one of the following 6 modes *safe mode command prompt normal etc* so i click on normal and i just go into windows as normal. I have magic ISO installed and it says its bootable and yet i cant boot it. I really need help here so if ANY one has any ideas/help i would greatly appreciate it!!
    Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Read through this HowTo to make sure that you've properly downloaded the ISO file, burned it as an image to disk, and are booting with it properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html

Let us know.
    oz

Just Joined!
    ok I did that even when to the extent of burning another disk and again it comes up to the "windows can start up sussfully screen so i have to push normal mode and then windows boots normally so still idk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close