Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yeah, I tried that. The terminal hangs there indefinitely until I push CTRL-C. No konqueror windows appear. Thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yeah, I tried that. The terminal hangs there indefinitely until I push CTRL-C. No konqueror windows appear.

Thanks

There goes that idea, thought you might have had some bad lines that could be seen when you click on the properties of the konqueror button.
    No output, it just hangs, that is not good.

But you can launch konqueror as root.

It might be possible that your regular user doesn't have permission to use konqueror, but that should have given an error when you typed konqueror in the console.

As root, check the properties of konqueror.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Okay, I'm not quite sure what you mean by properties. I checked the permissions on the Konqueror binary and they are at least -rx. I ran konqueror as root and when into "Configure Konqueror" and didn't see anythign that could help (didn't find a "Properties" option).

Other notes:
    -I can't say for sure whether this overlapped or not, but I changed the network identity of the computer from the default that it assigns (my IP address) to something meaningful. I don't knwo if I have my terminology right, but I used Webmin to change it, and now beside my userid at the prompt I have my new name instead of the IP address. Browsing around the files I've found a few files with the old name kicking around... could one of those somehow be locking out konqueror sorta like those *.pid files that can lock out Xvnc sessions?
    -Konqueror also works for other users (not just root). I'm the only one who's buggered.

I can't for the life of me find a way to just reset my konqueror profile. Is there a way to do that?

TIA

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Go to the icon in the taskbar, right-click on it and select Properties>permissions
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    I had removed it from the taskbar before I reinstalled Mandrake and I guess my profile in my home directory just re-applied what my old taskbar contents were. Going through the "start" menu method doesn't do anything when I right click. I checked the permissions on konqueror:

Code:
    -rwxr-xr-x  1  root root 3628 Oct  6  2004  /usr/bin/konqueror*

It looks to me like your regular user doesn't have permissions for konqueror.

But my konqueror button on my taskbar is owned by root, and I can access it using my normal user in Debian.

So it probably is a combo of removing konqueror(you did just remove the button right)
    and the network name.

I am not sure how you would resolve this.
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2