Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install Fedora on my Inpirion 1100 laptop off a live cd, but Fedora 10 doesn't boot, well it boots, but the whole screen is messed up and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

where can I download Fedora 1 or anything up to 6?

I'm trying to install Fedora on my Inpirion 1100 laptop off a live cd, but Fedora 10 doesn't boot, well it boots, but the whole screen is messed up and its running extremmly slow. Thats why I want to download an early release of Fedora preferably before number 6, so I could install it. Any help on where I could find a download for it?

You can download those versions directly from Red Hat at Fedora Project
    I would heavily advise against it however as anything from Core is outdated and no longer supported. This would lead to a bunch of hardware/software issues for you. However, I looked up the specs on your laptop. How much RAM do you have installed. I see that the max is 512, which should be enough to run any modern distro without too many issues. If it's less than that, then you can still install Fedora, but it will be a little slow. In which case, you might want to look at this poll for some opinions on distros that run well on older or slightly weaker kit: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...re-2008-a.html
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.