Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have dual partitioned my harddrive, and am running both Debian 3.0 and Windows XP Pro. Everything worked fine before installing vmware, including my startx, which worked fine. After installing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

vmware troubles

I have dual partitioned my harddrive, and am running both Debian 3.0 and Windows XP Pro. Everything worked fine before installing vmware, including my startx, which worked fine. After installing vmware, when I run startx it fails and tells me that "no devices found". I checked out my X config file, and my monitor settings have been over-written with vmware settings.

Does anyone know, is there a certain command I use to reset them back to my monitor settings, or what do i do?

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    You must install the vmware-tools to be able to start your X inside of vmware, it has ints own drivers and settings for that. Check under tools or settings after the vmware tools install value.

Read the information about installing thoose, its a little bit different depending on which version of vmware you are using.

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    thank you, i'll try that as well. but even when i boot linux from start up my X doesn't work. will this fix this as well?

-h

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Yes it will fix that, if you dont install vmwaretools you will fail in starting X anyhow. Good luck

Regards

Regards

Andutt