Find the answer to your Linux question:
well, after being kinda dissapointed with mandrake 9.1, i went for redhat 9. so far i've been very impressed, the only thing i don't like is that bluecurve crap. anyway, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i'm a n00b

well, after being kinda dissapointed with mandrake 9.1, i went for redhat 9. so far i've been very impressed, the only thing i don't like is that bluecurve crap.

anyway, i've downloaded centericq (rpm package), a client for yahoo, msn, icq and all the rest. I double clicked the package (/home/stan/centericq-4.9.2.1.i686.rpm) and it installed without a hitch!
    the only thing that puzzles me is how to run it

Linux User
    open a terminal and type "centericq" or whatever its called.

Linux Guru
    Run "rpm -ql centericq" to see what files the package contains, and you will probably be able to see which one of them to run.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Run "rpm -ql centericq" to see what files the package contains, and you will probably be able to see which one of them to run.
    in the terminal? by saying terminal u mean the command line? the one i can access through a winow right?

thanks

Linux Guru
    Yeah, that would be the one. Konsole or gnome-terminal or xterm or whichever you prefer to use.
    (Btw., the "shell", not the "command line"; there are several command lines but only one common shell)