Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a noob, an idiot, a whatever - and just to prove to you how slow I am I've been trying to put Fedora 10 via LiveCD onto my laptop ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face Help Just Installing Fedora 10

I'm a noob, an idiot, a whatever - and just to prove to you how slow I am I've been trying to put Fedora 10 via LiveCD onto my laptop for about 12 straight hours now only to have to re-install XP 4 or 5 times on a second partition just to get my original partition to start working again. I've been in MS-DOS for hours and I'm just getting more and more frusterated. I've been through countless websites and forums reading up on how to install Linux from a hard drive or an external hard drive but to no avail.

So, my question is - how the hell do I install this damn thing?

My problems are that I don't have a CD-RW to burn the .iso, a floppy drive, or a USB Flash Drive. I was trying to trick UNetBootin to load the files to my second (FAT32) partition and then boot from there but I had a problem with that. Would that be possible? I also tried using a ISO Reader in Windows but once I got the LiveCD.iso open, I didn't know what the hell I was looking at.

I've never used Linux before, as you can probably tell, so I'm not quite sure what everything really does. Do I need to install 'GRUB' before-hand or what?

Like I said before, I'm currently running Win XP Home on a NTFS partition and trying to dual-boot Fedora 10 on a seperate partition. I've used Windows forever and figured it was time to make the switch to an open-sourced OS but with this amount of trouble I'm having (mostly because I can't burn a CD) I'm wonder if I should just wait it out. And I give you full out permission to laugh as long as you can help

Thank you!

Also, I should mention I'm in the middle of nowhere working on a farm and the people I'm staying with use a computer that's in rougher shape than this re-formatted box I'm stuck with so burning the ISO image somewhere else is out of the question really.

hi,

if you have a good internet connection , patience and time during this week-end we can try to work it together with unetbootin
    Linux and me it's a love story

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I can definitely do that - THANK YOU!