Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I hav installed REDHAT LINUX 5.0 in my system and also WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2. now my xp got corrupted. it is not working . But my REDHAT is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Dual boot problem

I hav installed REDHAT LINUX 5.0 in my system and also WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2.

now my xp got corrupted. it is not working . But my REDHAT is working fine. I want to install XP again. But it seems we cant install XP since i have REDHAT in my system.

there are 2 options for me

1) i hav to remove REDHAT and then install XP

or

2)without disturbing REDHAT , i hav to install XP.

I dont have win 98 cd, which is a soln to the above problem.

Now wat i hav to do to fix this problem. i searched in google, bt cant find the right soln. pls help

Linux User
    IF you have a MS XP sp2 cd then there is no problem. You may need to enter bios setup and change the boot order to CD befor the hdd.

If the XP cd does not have sp2 or it is a restore cd, then it is more of a problem. We will need to know if more help is needed.

Just Joined!
    if i use MY XP SP2 CD, my cd is getting detected. but it stops on "SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR HARDWARE". not going beyond tat. i hav tried morethan 3 different cd's.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    REDHAT LINUX is totally dfferent. i hav already tried the option u said

Windows Installation CD do not work after Linux installation in a few machine.
    Download SuperGRUB .iso CD image (version 0.9598), burn it to CD and boot up from it. Select 'Fix Windows Boot Loader' option. It will remove GRUB and Windows Installation CD will work fine after that.
    You have to re-install GRUB after Windows OS installation. You can do that using SuperGRUB CD easily.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    thanks buddy. i ll try it. bt now i hav only REDHAT workin in my system . am new to this OS. I don know hoe to burn a image into cd in REDHAT

Which Desktop Environment are you using?
    K3B is available in KDE and Gnome has CD Burner package too.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    am using GNOME environment

Another Option

Try using a boot CD such as Diamond Boot to ghost the partition back in... if you have back ups created this shouldn't be too hard. Diamond Boot also has many disk/partition repair utilities that may be able to save your Windows installation.

Just Joined!
    No clear soln i got til now. pls help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast