Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i really have no clue where to put this but i need help bad. I'm using a knoppix live cd to run my computer now but i want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with installation

ok i really have no clue where to put this but i need help bad.

I'm using a knoppix live cd to run my computer now but i want to install fedora or any other nice os. (the live cd belongs to the library). I killed windows and decided to install from a cd that i got in a book about linux. I found out really quick that wasn't what i wanted but had no way of reversing the damage. I tried to install fedora 10 from cds that my bf burned but they wouldn't run right, i also tried burning them myself from my sisters computer, those just wouldn't work at all. I tried using a flash drive and i also tried using an sd card, neither worked. I'm wondering if its possible to download and install fedora or anything else on my hard drive from knoppix and if so how?

If you like knoppix you can install it to your hard-drive. Boot with the knoppix cd. Open a console (command line) and as root type:

sudo knoppix-installer

This will get things started. Here is a link with more info:

Hd Install HowTo - Knoppix Documentation Wiki

You can also order a ubuntu cd for free at https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

Another small user friendly distro that is only about 90 megs to download is puppy linux. Check it out here Home Page | Puppy Linux