Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! I have Linux' linpus installed on a aspire one.. very pleased until now.. I don't know what happend but somehow my "home screen" stopped working and along with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

reboot

Hi all!

I have Linux' linpus installed on a aspire one.. very pleased until now.. I don't know what happend but somehow my "home screen" stopped working and along with so did some of my programs, or vice versa.. I'm not that good with computers but I think it can have something to do with the fact that the program namned "nautilius" aren't running anymore..
    So I thought of rebooting but then I realised that I only got a CD for the installation and my computer don't do CDs.. ???

Thankful for all the help I can get

Hi, Cecilia! Welcome to LinuxForums!

I've not used Linpus, but maybe I can help a bit
    So I thought of rebooting but then I realised that I only got a CD for the installation and my computer don't do CDs.. ???
    By 'reboot' do you mean 're-install'? I'm thinking that shouldn't be necessary. Have you tried just powering the machine down and back up? And what makes you mention Nautilus?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I know a lot of people have had some trouble with the aspire one black screening. Not sure if that's your problem, but this might help:

macles*: Acer Aspire One BIOS Recovery

Just Joined!
    hi!

just the fact that all my files and programs are still "there" but when I try to open, say a musicfile, it says that it can't open it because nautilus isn't running..