Find the answer to your Linux question:
yoper install ,will use partition magic 6 to resize for the yoper, what is a good size to reserve and what Fat type should i use, going to use reiser. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partition in Winslows for install + bootloader

yoper install ,will use partition magic 6 to resize for the yoper, what is a good size to reserve and what Fat type should i use, going to use reiser.
    I want it to be a multi boot system, which boot loader should i use (win, yoper and freebsd). win is on C drive of a single HDD.
    win is already installed yoper will be next then down the road freebsd
    any suggestions as to sizing or other thoughts Winslows XP will use 10 gig of a 28 gig HDD.

Linux Engineer
    regarding the bootloader, i've been saved by GAG a lot: http://gag.sourceforge.net/ you can use lilo or the freebsd bootloader, they should both work. but use GAG if you can.

reserving space depends on how much you want to install. i know yoper requires at least 3GB of space. a pretty minimal install of freebsd will require about 500MB to 1GB of space, but you can get it much smaller than that. allocating 10GB to windows, i would leave 9GB to yoper and 9GB to freebsd if you're going to use both as frequently. that should be enough space for both.

i don't really understand your question about FAT. here's what to do though about formatting/partitioning: defrag the windows hdd. then resize it to 10GB or whatever you want. leave the rest as unformatted free space. let the yoper and freebsd installs do the rest.

Just Joined!
    thanks for the heads up on the gag software. i will use it and follow your sugestions thanks for the help