Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello i am new in Linux. i have two drives one IDE and other SATA in my computer. i want to keep windows XP , WIndows 2003 server on one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

multiple os on two hard drives

hello

i am new in Linux. i have two drives one IDE and other SATA in my computer.
    i want to keep windows XP , WIndows 2003 server on one drive and two flavours of linux on the other drive, let say oopen suse and redhat.please help me how i install these sofwares to make multi boot the machine.

Linux is very good in how it likes to play nice when installed along side other OS's, and will easily allow you to set-up a multi-boot system.
    If the second drive happens to be empty, just reboot with the CD/DVD in the tray. Pay attention during the installation and tell it to use 'X' Amount of space for one distro. Then do the same thing for the second distro. The installer will pretty much walk you through it.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

First of all, unplug Hard disk having Windows OSes. Plug-in other as Primary Master and install Linux OSes. Its really easy to setup dual boot after installing Linux in first Hard disk.

After successful installation of Linuxm, plug-in Windows OSes Hard disk as Secondary ( Slave ), boot up Linux and execute this in Terminal :
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    Post output here. We will post instructions for dual boot setup.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close