Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I had fedora4 and Xp dual boot on my system. Recently i installed fedora-5 on my computer followed by this link ( Install any Linux distro directly from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 10 installation problem

Hi All,

I had fedora4 and Xp dual boot on my system. Recently i installed fedora-5 on my computer followed by this link (Install any Linux distro directly from hard disk without burning any DVD - instant fundas) and success fully installed.

But some development tools (like c,c++ programming,mysql) or missed.
    so i downloaded the latest version of fedora 10 which is an .iso DVD version and i checked with the FSUM there is a no problem for downloading fedora10 DVD.iso.

Then i followed same procedure of the above installation (Install any Linux distro directly from hard disk without burning any DVD - instant fundas ) after the few steps i got a message "starting installation this may take several minutes" and struck this step only....
    I tried several times but result is same.

I followed the above procedure of installation because of i have cd drive only..
    can any one help me regarding this issue..........

Well, that is a nice user & environmentally-friendly way of installing!!
    Or you can use unetbootin to create a Live-Usb, if your PC supports booting from USB.
    You can run unetbootin from Linux or Windows.

If you don't mind burning a CD, download Fedora Gnome Edition or Fedora KDE edition.
    They both take 1 CD. If you want both Desktop Environments, you can install the other one from the package manager.

Just Joined!
    Hi L4Linux,

1) I tried unetbootin and live-usb-creator procedures also but i didn't boot from that usb drive even selecting the BIOS as USB.

2) I downloaded fedora10-livecd .iso also and burn them into cd then restarted the pc this method also strucked at "Retriving the software information".

please help me and don't suggest me to download the cd version..........

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Any body please help me.....

waiting waiting waiting .......................................