Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a lexmark z845. I downloaded the drivers. Using wine I started installing and at the end of installing I get an error saying," unable to execute the specified ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation printer instqallation help!

I have a lexmark z845. I downloaded the drivers. Using wine I started installing and at the end of installing I get an error saying," unable to execute the specified command line. I tried going to menu> administration>printing and select new printer and select manufactor > generic> then pcl 4 and tried pcl 5 but it still doesn't work. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!

Bad news. I don't believe this printer is currently supported under linux. OpenPrinting database - Printer: Lexmark z845

WINE has this to say about printer drivers on their website
    3.4. Can I use Wine to install drivers for my hardware?

No. With the possible future exception of some printer drivers, Wine requires your hardware to already be working on your operating system. The technical reason for this is that Wine, like most applications, runs in user mode and not kernel mode.

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

thanks! kinda sucks though i have another printer and I'll see if it will work for that one. I may give away my printer to my sister in law. thanks alot!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close