Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a complete newbie with linux and have no idea how to dual boot, and haven't found much help for this version of linux. I have just downloaded the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Dual boot ADIOS onto Windows Vista Help???

I am a complete newbie with linux and have no idea how to dual boot, and haven't found much help for this version of linux.

I have just downloaded the ADIOS .iso files and burned it to a cd so i can dual boot it onto my vista.

I made a partition on my computer for ADIOS and put in the cd, restarted vista, a boot screen came up, it said that i should press the key for the option i wanted, but when i press the key nothing happens, expect pressing enter which just restarts the computer.

Any ideas???

Hello and Welcome!

When you burned the CD, did you make sure to burn it as an image?
    And do oyu have the CD-ROM chosen to boot first in BIOS settings?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

As Jay said, be sure to boot from CD-Rom.
    I found this page about the installation of Adios.
    AFAIK this is an old distribution (2006) with an older kernel. Since you are running Vista I suppose your computer is much younger than this Linux version, so be prepared to run into some hardware problems.
    You might be better off trying a more modern distro. Lots of success anyway.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Live CD

Hi,

ADIOS was designed to boot from CD, but can also be run using virtual machine software within Windows. If you want more help contact author via home page.

Quote Originally Posted by Adios View Post
    Hi,

ADIOS was designed to boot from CD, but can also be run using virtual machine software within Windows. If you want more help contact author via home page.
    Quintex, that might be a decent idea... more specific knowledge and all. Please do come back and let us know how it turns out, though.

Best of luck!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.