Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new here and I need help with GRUB. I have Mandriva 2009, Windows xp home installed on one 22 GB hard drive and Windows 98 SE installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy mandriva 2009 GRUB booting problem

Hi, I am new here and I need help with GRUB.

I have Mandriva 2009, Windows xp home installed on one 22 GB hard drive and Windows 98 SE installed on a 7 GB hard drive.

Here is my problem and you guys may have never run into a problem like this:
    I installed Windows XP home in 10 GB on the 22 GB hard drive and Windows 98 SE installed on the 7 GB hard drive(the whole drive) .
    Mandriva 2009 is installed on the 22 GB in 7 GB, here is where I wanted to install Mandriva 2006 Dec Edition.

here's the crazy part:
    when I try to boot Windows 98 SE, some kind of screen comes up and says about a chinloader +1
    Windows xp boot loads Windows 98 SE

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrivauser2009 View Post
    Hi, I am new here and I need help with GRUB.

I have Mandriva 2009, Windows xp home installed on one 22 GB hard drive and Windows 98 SE installed on a 7 GB hard drive.

Here is my problem and you guys may have never run into a problem like this:
    I installed Windows XP home in 10 GB on the 22 GB hard drive and Windows 98 SE installed on the 7 GB hard drive(the whole drive) .
    Mandriva 2009 is installed on the 22 GB in 7 GB, here is where I wanted to install Mandriva 2006 Dec Edition.

here's the crazy part:
    when I try to boot Windows 98 SE, some kind of screen comes up and says about a chinloader +1
    Windows xp boot loads Windows 98 SE

Help?
    Could you post the output of the commands /sbin/fdisk -l and cat /boot/grub/menu.lst please?
    Glenn