Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there I just installed Fedora on the my laptop which already had red hat and vista on it. Before there was no problem as red hat grub took care ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] Problem with triple boot

Hey there
    I just installed Fedora on the my laptop which already had red hat and vista on it. Before there was no problem as red hat grub took care of it, but now after fedora is installed red hat portion has disappeared form the gurb ( that is of fedora now). It shows only 2 options fedora ans other(windows). So how can i get the red hat portion back into the grub. I think I'll have to edit the grub.conf but don't know exactly how????

Linux Guru
    You could have chosen to install Grub to the root partition of whatever partition you put Fedora on and just continued to use Red Hat grub. Fedora is not good at detecting other Linux OS's and usually doesn't put an entry in menu.lst/grub.conf. Boot into Fedora, create a directory/mount point for Red Hat, mount the Red Hat partition and navigate to the Red Hat /boot/grub/menu.lst file. Copy the entry from Red Hat to the Fedora menu.lst or grub.conf.

thanks it solved the problem

Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    You could have chosen to install Grub to the root partition of whatever partition you put Fedora on and just continued to use Red Hat grub. Fedora is not good at detecting other Linux OS's and usually doesn't put an entry in menu.lst/grub.conf. Boot into Fedora, create a directory/mount point for Red Hat, mount the Red Hat partition and navigate to the Red Hat /boot/grub/menu.lst file. Copy the entry from Red Hat to the Fedora menu.lst or grub.conf.
    thanks for replying pal, it got me working!!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close