Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux, and only using isolinux to try to create a boot cd with a customised logo. This is very difficult to understand for me I know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

create boot cd with isolinux and customised logo using ppmtolss16 problem

I am new to linux, and only using isolinux to try to create a boot cd with a customised logo. This is very difficult to understand for me

I know how to create a bootable cd using this
    Code:
    ..\cdrtools\mkisofs -o ..\BootableCD.iso -b ISOLINUX/isolinux.bin -c ISOLINUX/boot.cat -no-emul-boot  -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .
    htt-p://afs.caspur.it/afs/italia/project/bigbox/e4/x86_64/latest/isolinux

I have downloaded these files from this website and I place them in my ISOLINUX folder.
    There is a file splash.lss, which is a customised logo. It only has 2 colors in the palette (if you convert it to ppm and open it in Gimp), 1.white and 2.orange. The .lss (when converted to .ppm) is 398x99 pixels.

If you make a boot cd, and boot from it, it shows the logo in the upper left with a black background
    htt-p://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vPPbDJI_WzA/SgvNWup6W7I/AAAAAAAAAFQ/qe6Uhlaw8WA/s1600-h/END_USER_XP-2009-05-14-19-49-00.png

however if you convert the .lss->.ppm and then convert the .ppm->.lss, (even though I didn't modify the file), it will now show the logo in the upper left corner with an orange background.
    htt-p://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vPPbDJI_WzA/SgvNW8rIbPI/AAAAAAAAAFY/SjEBBYQZaUo/s1600-h/END_USER_XP-2009-05-14-19-47-44.png

When I made my own custom .lss logo (398x99 pixels), I wanted it to show in the upper left corner, with a black background, but it assigned it a blue color. I ensured that the palette had black in it, however I don't know why the background changes color. I'm pretty sure it has to do with ppmtools16...

Please help me someone, to keep the background black in the boot CD!!!
    Thanks

Code:
    lss16toppm < splash.lss > splash.ppm

ppmtolss16 <splash.ppm >splash.lss
    >39402 pixels, 6863 bytes, (65.17% compression)

PS - Sorry about the links, I am not allowed to post links, but I put them there as they as they will be helpful to answer my question. Thank you

Just Joined!
    There is a readme file with isolinux.

Just Joined!

Lol

shame on companies like HP who redirect helpdesk support to India