Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hello, I find several tutorials about how to install lilo in a compact flash, but it is impossible. 1.- Create a new ext2 partition, and make it bootable. 2.- Use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-25-2009 #1
- Join Date
- May 2007
I can not install lilo in a Compact Flash, what is wrong???
I find several tutorials about how to install lilo in a compact flash, but it is impossible.
- 1.- Create a new ext2 partition, and make it bootable.
- 2.- Use mkfs.ext2 to format partition.
- 3.- Mount compact flash use usb car reader.
- 4.- Create a etc folder with lilo.conf file with this code:
- 5.- Create new devices in /dev folder:
- mknod -m660 /dev/sda b 8 0
- mknod -m660 /dev/sda1 b 8 1
And finally, I execute the follow comand:
lilo -r /media/sda1 -C etc/lilo.conf
But lilo return me a error, can not open sda device.
Can anybody help me or more information about how to install lilo in a compact flash.
- 05-30-2009 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
first, are you sure the device name for your usb drive is /dev/sda?
1. insert your usb flash, wait a few seconds
2. cat /proc/partitions
what do you see at the end of the different lines (sda, sdb, ...?)
If your internal hard drive is a SCSI or a SATA disk it's affected the
/dev/sda device, then your external
usb drive (if it's a disk or a flash key) should be /dev/sdb
now if you're using a memory card (such as the ones used in cameras)
depending on how recent is your system it could be
/dev/sda or /dev/sdb, ...
or something like
The best way to find that out is to
# cat /proc/partitions