Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed Suse 9, but there is no "driver" in the dist for my LG Flatron F700P display. I have tried drivers for other LG displays but these all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LG Flatron F700P on Suse Linux

I have installed Suse 9, but there is no "driver" in the dist for my LG Flatron F700P display. I have tried drivers for other LG displays but these all give poor display results. I have searched for one on Google with no luck. Is it possible to create a driver myself in some way ? Or is there some other way out ?

Any advice appreciated.....Linux Newbie !

you cooould write your own driver, but Monitors don't need them generaly, VGA is a standard. Its more likely that you xfree.conf or xorg.conf is not correctly configured, generaly flatscreens don't respond very well to the probes that create the automatic configuration.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

F700P debian sarge

Quote Originally Posted by kkubasik
    you cooould write your own driver, but Monitors don't need them generaly, VGA is a standard. Its more likely that you xfree.conf or xorg.conf is not correctly configured, generaly flatscreens don't respond very well to the probes that create the automatic configuration.
    I install Debian sarge my video card is Nvidia mx400 I go to Nvidia site and download last driver for linux
    I install Nvidia driver everthing is OK I have Nvidia logo when I want login
    but I have problem My resolution is 1024x768
    But my refresh rate is 75

How I can change it to 85 (refresh rate)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close