Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello there, I have been suggested to use Ubuntu over Windows Vista and I plan on trying it out but I am already having issues just installing it. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation (RESOLVED) Having Ubuntu Installation Issue

Hello there,

I have been suggested to use Ubuntu over Windows Vista and I plan on trying it out but I am already having issues just installing it.

I have burned it on a CD as a ISO image and I have booted from the CD on start up but what I have noticed is that when it comes up to pick the installation, I click install Ubuntu and it freezes with the program doing nothing and I let it sit for 2 hours and stall came up with nothing. I have tried there methods and still having issues.

Also if you can help me get rid of vista and dual boot for XP would be help full too.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Just Joined!
    Give some info about the hardware you have ,most common problems with boot is graphics and memory,

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 with 1GB or ram, 80GB HD (Split between 2 drives) and have an Intel Graphic Media Accelerator.

Like I said before, I am on a windows vista and been having some stupid issues.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    When you boot form livecd dont start yet ,use F6 in it will popup a menu of options and will see a commnad line with boot options in the end of the line type --vga=864 or --vga=772 if this dosent work try ubuntu safe graphics which is the first think to do or chech cd for errors form menu more advanced option is to remove again from command line quiet and splash or just quiet to see messages, see if somethink shows fail most of the messages will show ok
    You dont have to wait more then 5-10 minutes to see
    To get rid of vista when the installation begin in one of the steps will ask you where to install ubuntu ,windows is install and prefer to be install in first partition,ubuntu will show you the avalible other os just remove it ,if you remove windows all data will be gone,and installing windows again is more dificult for windwos it wil compline .
    If problem continue write

thx for the help, it apparently worked and its being really quick