Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, i am completely new to any distro of Linux and I was wondering if anyone could help me with my particular scenario My windows xp pro operating system is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Delete broken OS, then install Ubuntu

hello, i am completely new to any distro of Linux and I was wondering if anyone could help me with my particular scenario

My windows xp pro operating system is broken and i cannot access it. I would like to know how to completely remove windows and then install Ubuntu onto my empty hard drive. I have downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu and burned the image onto a dvd.

help much appreciated.

All you need to do is boot with your Ubuntu disc in the drive, choose the Install option, and when it asks how you want to partition the drive say "Use entire drive." This will wipe out XP and install a fresh Ubuntu copy on your machine.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    sorry guys but a made a mistake of installing liinux on the wrong hard drive

how would i go about deleting ubuntu from it

thanks

Boot up from LiveCD of Ubuntu and open Gparted Partition Manager. Its in Administrative menu. Delete Linux partitions ( ext3/SWAP ) and create new partition through it.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First