Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am having the same problem. I downloaded Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso and extracted the contents of the isolinux directory to my USB stick. I renamed isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg, and added a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down USB Boot

I am having the same problem. I downloaded Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso and extracted the contents of the isolinux directory to my USB stick. I renamed isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg, and added a new section as the default:

label ks
    menu label ^Install from kickstart
    menu default
    kernel vmlinuz
    append ks=hd:sdb1/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img

I then create a ks.cfg file, and then use the syslinux utility to make the USB stick bootable.

When I boot from this USB stick I get a blank gray screen. When I click any key I get a "Password Required" prompt. What am I doing wrong???

This problem happens on multiple PCs. And, if the same exact process is done with the Fedora 10 files, it works just fine.

Never tried it the manual way, but if just looking to make a bootable Fedora (or other distro) USB stick, take a look at unetbootin.

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

Otherwise here is the Fedora guide on making a bootable USB.
    How to create and use Live USB - FedoraProject

Just Joined!

got it to work

Ok, I got it to work by using the liveusb-creator tool on the F11 boot.iso. Note that this boot.iso was not included in the Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso; I had to download it separately from a mirror (from the /fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/images path).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close