Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am trying to install glut-3.5, but this is not like ./configure ,make , makeinstall can any one suggest me installing glut for x86. Regards Kiransing...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

regarding Glut installation for making opengl work on x86

Hi
    I am trying to install glut-3.5, but this is not like ./configure ,make , makeinstall
    can any one suggest me installing glut for x86.

Regards
    Kiransing

What is your distro? This should be available in your package manager without having to download and install.

Just Joined!
    There is no real need to "install" glut. All you do is move the lib files to your /lib/ (where your project can access them) and similiarly move the header files to where you have your other header files.

Just Joined!

Regarding gut library

hi coopstah
    I am using LInux fedora7.Actually glut is a dependency for OpenGL graphics. can you explain installarion of glut??

Regards
    Kiransing

it is as KingX has described, there is no installation needed. When you compile the code you need simply add the header files to the include path. You can use the -I parameter with the g++ compiler. You would be able to install them with the package manager if you were using a more up to date distro. Then they would most likely be findable on the include path by the compiler without explicitly passing a flag.