Find the answer to your Linux question:
No, I'm not pro-vista. But I do have a prolem with it. Every time I try to load a linux distro (Live or not), The CD drive reads it, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Almighty vista

No, I'm not pro-vista. But I do have a prolem with it.

Every time I try to load a linux distro (Live or not), The CD drive reads it, and Vista over rides it, and I don't know what to do.

Can someone save me from Vista?

Do you mean that you cannot boot the LiveCD's because Windows keeps loading as if nothing is wrong? Did you set the CDROM to boot first in the BIOS? Can you give us a better description of your problem if that's not it?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

As Tbob said, give us the make and model of your computer so we can tell you how to get into bios and have cdrom boot first. Plus whatever else might be the problem also.

Edit: after rereading your post it sounds like you are burning data cds out of a Iso Image. I have found that The Official ImgBurn Website works real well on burning a cd image of a iso image.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    It sounds like bad burns. Check this HowTo for some instructions on doing it properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html

If you continue to have problems after following the instructions, post back.
    oz