Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have laptop with windows vista. and i had installed linux on my external HDD with 500GB sucessfully and its working fine also. but when I am removeing my external ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Problem in Linux boot

I have laptop with windows vista. and i had installed linux on my external HDD with 500GB sucessfully and its working fine also. but when I am removeing my external drive then my Vista is not getting boot and it show only GRUB. so I had repaired my MBR with my vista bootable CD. Now I am not able to boot Linux through my external HDD. My laptop is Dell Studio.

Pls Help...

Dhiraj Bhaskar

Hi and Welcome !

Which Linux distro did you install? Does your machine's BIOS supports booting up from External Device?

You have to re-install GRUB in MBR of External Hard disk. You can use SuperGRUB CD for that.
    Or
    Re-install Linux. Disable internal Harddisk in BIOS before starting installation. Linux installer will install GRUB in External disk instead of Internal disk.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Talking I think...

I think the above answer is right. It might be happening because of that only.. Gr8.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close