Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am quite new to linux and am working on a specific projet with which I need help. I currently have 1 hard-drive with 4 partitions. C: = XP D: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Help with grub.conf

I am quite new to linux and am working on a specific projet with which I need help.

I currently have 1 hard-drive with 4 partitions.

C: = XP
    D: = Server 2003
    E: = Linux Red Hat
    F: = Misc.

They were installed in the respective order, now I need help configuring the grub menu. All that is displayed now is DOS and Red Hat as options. When I choose DOS I have the choice between Server 2003 & XP, However I want to add options to the grub menu to boot directly onto the respective OS's.

I have searched thoroughly and understand how to modify the grub.conf file and what needs to be done to it to get what i want, however I do not know what to put below the title section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and Welcome !

If you have installed both Windows OSes before Linux then its not possible to add entries of both Windows OSes in GRUB.

In Windows/Windows dual boot setup, first installed Windows OS manages boot options of second Windows OS. There is no way to boot up second Windows OS directly. You have to call Boot Loader of first Windows OS to boot Second Windows OS.

GRUB gives you 2 option: --- Linux + Windows
    Windows gives you 2 options again -- Windows1 + Windows2.

Its not possible to add an entry of Windows2 in GRUB.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Well good to know I can't do it, I can move on :o

Thanks a bunch.