Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Linux forums, I am as equally new to these forums as I am to linux and, I am anxious to get started. Theres only one problem. I inherited a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nightmare@windows

Hello Linux forums,
    I am as equally new to these forums as I am to linux and, I am anxious to get started. Theres only one problem. I inherited a compaq 7470 that had at one time been running W98 and was at somepoint converted to xp. The xp version was illegal and could not be updated automatically, not to mention it was horribly sluggish. To make a long story short I decided to make the move to linux. I haven't yet been able to install linux because suddenly when I boot the computer all I get is "operating system not found on any devices". Does anyone know what I have to do to completely rid myself of windows and complete my goal? I apologize for my numbness.

Linux Engineer
    get a linux installation CD (set), make sure your BIOS is set to boot from CD, put the CD in, and boot the computer.. follow the instructions for installation... and you'll have a nice, new linux install.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr