Find the answer to your Linux question:
what do I do ? I installed zenwalk 6, on an old laptop, everyting seems to go great, no errors, when i reboot and take out the disk, i set ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

zenwalk login:

what do I do ? I installed zenwalk 6, on an old laptop, everyting seems to go great, no errors, when i reboot and take out the disk, i set up a username password, but after i reboot into login promt, it says wrong user or password, I did the entire install all over from scratch....this time using real simple username and password...still won't work, I'll stumped, thanks for any help on this issue.

I ended up using default password for user and root because I couldn't figure out why the installer does what you describe. Then used the wiki to set up new root password. I don't run it anymore so that is all I can remember. I switched over to AntiX instead because I am more used to apt distros.

Lost root password - Zenwalk Wiki
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Figured I would throw this in for good measure before I crash and go to bed.

Basic Linux Operations FAQ
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    thanks roky, so glad it's somtin I did wrong...I only decided to try zenwalk, because the disk came in lunixformat mag.... puppy really let me down, and I want to try something else on this old machine. hopefully i can at least get in and try zen with this info.

Just Joined!
    after rebooting, it will prompt you to create a root password. but its just for root.. you need to select another option. so click "create new user" for you to loggin.