Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I have a Vista laptop, and I intend to dual-boot with Linux, but the BIOS is apparently keeping me from doing this. So how do I access the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Bios

Hi everyone.

I have a Vista laptop, and I intend to dual-boot with Linux, but the BIOS is apparently keeping me from doing this.

So how do I access the BIOS to change the settings so that i can run a better and more efficient system?

I am only a very early beginer with computers, so I do not want to wreck my computer, so if there is a step-by-step guide, that would be extremley helpful
    Last edited by caboose; 09-07-2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Understanding

Is it because you don't know how to change boot order to CDROM first? We will need a little more info and make and model number of said computer caboose and what Linux you plan on running Live CD first.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Most machines reveal how to access the BIOS when the machine first begins to boot. If yours doesn't, check the computer or motherboard manual for the key presses needed to access it. If you don't have the manual, it can usually be found in PDF format with a quick online search.
    oz