Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: newbe.......

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yes, that is the right thing to do, I'm wondering why it didn't work though, Do you mean the Ubuntu software installer or the Flash software installer? does the software installer still say it's installed?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Yes, that is the right thing to do, I'm wondering why it didn't work though, Do you mean the Ubuntu software installer or the Flash software installer? does the software installer still say it's installed?
    i used the YDL software installer & yes the software installer did say it was installed, i tryed reinstalling flash cos i thought it did not load & the installer said its all ready loaded, i can not install java as well! i installed realplayer 11 but that dont work as well! there must be some thing i got to do to make them work but im lost....
    thanks.

I'm not sure if anything has changed since I had my ibook way back then but you could not install flash on PPC then and from a quick google search I didn't find anything realating to being able to install it. So if nothing has changed this is going to be negative for a solution to his problem.... The latest post on the first page of results when googling this was 2006 and I'm guessing if no one is talking about it then it isn't happening

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I stand corrected just looked a little farther into it and found swfdec.freedesktopdotorg/wiki/ This is a decoder / renderer for flash that is being worked on. You probably wont find a package but if you read the install instructions you should be able to install it if not then just post back where you are stuck at. I'm guessing you tried to install the x86 package on the first go around.

You will have an easier time using ubuntu, since it supports package management (which means downloading programs through a program manager), flash, and most of your favorite programs (firefox, frostwire, vlc, openoffice, etc). I used YDL and java/flash were the biggest pains in the neck to get working -- following the instructions for ubuntu were much easier (do a search for 'ps3 ubuntu').

ok,
    i am now down loading xubuntu 8.10 for the ps3 hope this goes better,
    thanks.